5.06.2011

For Good Driving Karma

Ever notice anyone driving faster than you is crazy and anyone going slower is a moron...


If I had a nickel for every time someone ticked me off while driving, I wouldn't need a job.  (But then where would I find the time to add posts to my blog?!)  All safety concerns aside, think about how you feel when people pull this stuff! 


Extra life points to anyone who regularly doesn't commit the following "crimes" as I like to call it:


1. No courtesy wave.
I just let you go, the least you can do is smile and thank me with a proper wave.  Are you the same person who sits in a restaurant for an hour with not so much as a "thank you" or "please" to your server?  No manners!


2. No blinker usage.
I once was led to believe turn signals actually needed "fluid" to operate.  (Yes, I just fulfilled the stupid girl stereotype.)  Back in the day I could have easily dismissed this cruel action as someone needing to refill their blinker juice, but now that I know better I think these people are just asking to be hit or really enjoy confusing people.  Not magic, common sense.


3. Tailgating.
I don't want to incriminate myself, but I've been known to occasionally drive faster than the posted limit.  So tell me sir, how fast do you need to be going that your up my ass?  I like that you're at least smart enough to not let me see your license plate, because believe me I'm memorizing it and probably calling in a drunk driver! In the mean time, there are two lanes.  Use the other one.


4. Slow driving.
I'm not saying fly down residential streets!  What I'm proposing is that you at least travel the posted speed limit.  Trust me, engineers have done all their nerdy calculations to ensure that weather and road conditions permitting, you can travel at the posted speed.  These are not just numbers arbitrarily picked out of hat!  You may think you are being "safe" by driving slow, but you are now a dangerous obstacle that the rest of us need to maneuver around.  


5. Lane change blocker/ Merge denier.
Who died and made you captain of lane changing?  You didn't earn your position in that lane and sure as heck don't need to defend it.  Let me in dang it!  If you don't want to slow down or speed up to let me in, don't be a hog and stay in the right lane.  Do you get off to the idea of causing accidents?  Move left.  There- problem solved.


6. Impatient Red light Speed racer.
Really?  You just have to win the race from one red light to another?  Just because I don't treat green lights like the Pro start system at a drag race, doesn't mean I don't know what the long pedal on the right does. I will progress forward in a timely manner and don't need your impatient honk to remind me how to drive. Truthfully, I don't see the point in hurrying up to just slow down again, so why don't you take a lesson in patience and save some gas while we go at decent pace from one stop light to the next.

7. Music Sharer.
Obviously you love your music, so much so that you feel the need to share it with everyone.  I unfortunately, don't appreciate when I'm hungover riding in the car next to you and the vibrations of your music make me feel like throwing up.  Let's just get this out there: No amount of volume or bass is going to get you the kind of attention you are looking for.  Unless of course you're going for desperate.  For the record it is not a turn on, rather it's repulsive to see how much money you have put in the trunk of a car that sounds like it's rattling itself apart. 

If you know someone who does any of the above, let them know there are people like me out there that judge them and have no respect for their kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment